Sunday, June 16, 2013

Jamón + Vino de la semana

This week, I went with a variety of cured hams. First up is jamón de pato (duck):


I found this one to be way too greasy and fatty. Not so good. Next on the list is "llom de gall dindi curat", which Google Translate tells me is "loin cured turkey". Thanks for the help, Google Translate!


This one was much drier than the duck, but also not very good. The flavor just doesn't compare to the jamón ibérico. I feel like a snobbish Spaniard now. Next, I bought some chicken patties.


It's hard to read, but these chicken patties turned out to be 25% pork. I shouldn't be surprised. Finally, I decided to buy some red wine, from the Rioja region of Spain.


This bottle of wine only cost 2 Euros, and all I will say is: you get what you pay for.

2 comments: